Friday, May 4, 2007

Lapad Peninsula - Dubrovnik

I have been visiting Thorn Tree chat forum for a while now and I try to take part as much as possible as I value Lonely Planet's country guides. Dubrovnik is one of the most sought after destinations in Croatia and people always ask about accommodation. I have a personal viewpoint on the matter as I believe that in order to enjoy Dubrovnik experience; one has to think carefully about where they decide to stay. It goes without saying that I am a great believer of value for money bargains but to start with I stop short of renting a bed in a private house. The reason is simple, I refuse to be touted at port or bus terminal with a possibility of a wobbly bed in the Old Town, where I might be at health hazard. There are so many villas and apartments to choose from that it simply does not make sense to risk it.
Lapad Peninsula is an oasis of peace and quiet and the bus no: 6 takes you to Pile Gate. It has a shopping centre, lots of restaurants, local food produce stalls and it is not far away from nearby Copacabana beach, not to be confused with Brazilian one.
All in all, cozy little part of Dubrovnik, worth staying in.

No comments: